Starting With Us
Our induction procedures for children starting our school are designed to give your child a positive and measured start to their formal schooling. We have found that children enjoy the chance to get used to the new arrangements and are not overwhelmed by a sudden shift to full time school.
Our programme for induction is as follows:
In April you will find out from the South Gloucestershire Admissions Team if you have been given a place at Bradley Stoke Community School Primary Phase. You then need to accept the place.
The school will receive a list of places accepted and will send you a letter to welcome you and inform you of the key induction dates for your diaries.
- We invite you to meet the Primary Phase team on Thursday 24 May from 7 - 8pm. At this meeting we will explain some of the school procedures, give you an overview of what to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and will answer any questions you might have. Presentation given 24/05/18.
- We then invite you to come, with your child, to a "stay and play" session in your Acorn class; once your child is settled in the class, you can come and have some tea and biscuits and get to know other parents and carers in a more informal setting. Mrs Clark, the Head of Primary Phase, will be available if you want to ask any questions.
- During the Summer Term, your child will also have the chance to come and join some of the current Reception children in Acorn class for a story time.
- In the final weeks of term before summer, the Primary Phase team will visit as many nursery and pre-school settings as they can so they can see your child and meet key workers. We cannot get round every setting but we try and visit as many as we can.
- At the start of the new academic year, in September, the EYFS team will carry out home visits. We do this so we can talk to you in a more intimate setting and we also get to see your child in a familiar setting. We often get to meet the family dog or cat, and the most important teddy!
- To make sure we give your child the best opportunity to settle in to school, we invite the children to come in for morning or afternoon sessions during their first two weeks—this ensures that by their third week of school, they are confident and familiar with their new surroundings and the adults in the Primary Phase team. You will receive more details about this at the information evening in June.
We also run a number of look-rounds for prospective families at BSCS Primary Phase. You can find these dates on our school calendar, by phoning the school on 01454 868840 or emailing email@example.com.
View our September 2016 information booklet.
Read our Home School Agreement.